View Single Post
Old 06-21-03, 06:10 AM
ViciousCycle
Chicago Cyclist

Bikes: My frame is covered in reflective tape. After adding ridiculously large handlebars, a comfy seat, and enough carrying capacity to haul a Thanksgiving grocery run home, the manufacturer wouldn't recognize it.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are recumbants the legal street drug?

My new Django had an essential part break on it. While I am waiting for the replacement part to arrive, I feel like I am literally going through withdrawal. When I ride my Django, I ride so much faster than on any wedgie I've ever owned that I can get a hard endorphin rush on just a routine ride across town.

The next time that an employer wants me to take a drug test, are they going to test for the use of recumbants? Will I have to be on the lookout for the Django Enforcement Agency?

The worst thing that this drug has done is that it's permanently altered my perceptions. I no longer want to ride on an ordinary bike. When I get on my regular hybrid or mountain bike, I feel so hyperconscious of the the lower back strain and neck strain and wrist strain that I had once taken for granted. And I'm acutely aware of how fighting against this strain prevents me from breaking through into the ENDORPHIN RUSH zone.

Is there any cure? Any treatment program? Or have I stumbled onto the street drug from which there is no cure?