View Single Post
Old 05-22-06, 07:21 AM
Miller2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Having the proper fit would help you to get relaxed but it wont MAKE you relaxed...if you have a death grip on the bars and still decide to lock out your arms you will get the pain you say you are experiencing.

How high are your bars? What was changed in your fitting and did the fitter say that you COULD do other things but you didn't have to? When I got my fitting the fitter liked most things about how I was setup when I went in. We did move my bars just a little and my saddle position...he did add that IF I was getting hand pain I could raise my bars a bit more but if I felt good it was fine. I since have ridden some bikes with higher bars and it really does take the pressure off. If you have too much drop for your fitness level (specifically core strength) you will get the back and neck pain and the weight on your hands will get you the numbness. You’re basically not supported properly and are putting too much on your arms.

Nope...I am relaxed. Elbows flexed and shoulders relaxed. If I do catch myself tensing I immediately relax. When climbing I dont even grip the bars, I just drape my hands over them

The only thing the fitter said was I could handle some more drop. As it stands now there is little drop. My core is strong.