I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,529 Times in 1,042 Posts
Originally Posted by banzai_f16
As "pushy" as that title sounds, I've been contemplating a switch to a Brooks B.17...however, I have some doubts.

So, I'd like to hear a few more opinions. I'm not unhappy with my saddle, so the Brooks would really have to be the best thing since sliced bread if I'm to shell out that cash.

What do I see as the cons?
"I can't ride it in the rain without a "sleeve" that goes over it, which is a pain, I think, for commuting." Sez who? I have never used any covering or Proofhide or anything else in 35 years of Brooks use in the rain. No problem.

"There's a line of rivets going through a ridge right down the center" Not on the B66, B72 or B73 that I have ever used.

"There doesn't appear to be any "anatomical" recession in the design." So? Don't need no stinkin' anatomical recession neither.

Pictures below are of the B-66 I have been using on my daily commuter for years both in the U.S. and Germany. It came as OEM on the Raleigh Superbe I bought in 1975 or 1976 in Philadelphia. Never has had any wax or treatment of any kind applied. It is covered by a plastic bag when left outside in the rain but never covered when riding in rain, sleet or snow. It may not look new and it doesn't look like it did 30 years ago, but that's OK, neither do I. But we both fit each other well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
B66-Saddle.JPG (63.0 KB, 60 views)
B66-Saddle-2.JPG (49.9 KB, 65 views)
B66-Saddle-3.JPG (98.7 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by I-Like-To-Bike; 05-26-06 at 07:45 AM.