Old 05-28-06, 08:52 PM
!!Comatoa$ted
Senor Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Limiting factors, Re: Car free lifestyle

So most of here are probably of the same mind. We like having bikes as our main source of transportation, and don't have too much of a problem not having a car. I am sure that we all have different reasons and opinions on why we should be or are car free. Be it money beliefs or losing the licence, whatever.

What do you see as some of the limiting factors that stack up against going car free? Reasons why one must drive a car to get around; I can think of one, and that is a disability of some sort that makes cycling an impossibility. Sure there may be some sort of transit system that accommodates the disabled, but to be able to retain some sense of freedom you may rather drive in such a case instead of having to rely on public transit.

Now I am not advocating using excuses to avoid getting rid of the car or seriously limiting its uses. I would like to see what the reasons are why one can't really reduce fuel dependency by not owning a car and using human power to get around. I can think of many reasons why one does not need a car and can get along fine, but I can't think of a lot that would truly stop one from getting rid of their car.

I am just trying to get a view of the other side, so to speak.