Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked 1,203 Times in 689 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard
What should I have done differently?
Thrown your bottle at your teammate before crossing the line? Your teammate must not have been winded to have been that close at the end of the sprint, though.

Really, there's not too much you could have done at that point. I would have passed my teammate but not pulled, then try to grab the leader's wheel as he goes by. Suck his wheel to the finish, even if it means slowing down to a stand still ala match sprint style (I have seen track stands in crits before, you just have to watch for the pack like you're in a chicken race... a whole new tactic trackies don't deal with). Your biggest error was arguing with your teammate, as that was the window your opponent was looking for and he took it! The moment your mate stops working with you, focus on the opponent and treat it like the one-on-one it has now become.

I'm glad that when I was racing I had teammates who were willing to burnout 500m from the finish if it meant pulling me to victory. It was usually the other way around, but when they recognized my need, they were there.

Love the use of the crosswalk as the finish btw. And the road signs for banners.