View Single Post
Old 05-31-06, 07:24 PM
R600DuraAce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Some guy is just asking for it.

Coming home via the West Side bike path, I was taking it slow. An hour earlier I have a very nice Mexican meal. I was carrying my Easton EC90 fork in my back pack. I will be off tomorrow. Just enjoying my commute and looking forward to install my new fork. Spining on my small ring and going about 17 mph. Up ahead, I saw this dude on a MTB with slick tire and SPD pedals. I just rode pass him. 50 sec or so later, he was coming up on my left side. Mind you, it is a bike path. You just don't take up the entire path. Then, he rode ahead of me. Fine. The bike path got a bit crowded in some particular section. I let this dude just go. Well, it was like he was waiting for me. He slowed down again. And I passed him again. He did the same thing. Rode pass me on my left and got to the front and slowed down again. He looked back and to see what I was. This went on for 3 or 4 times. I got very annoyed. The wind was really kicking up. The next time I was behind him, I shifted into my big ring and on my 53 x 14. Stood up and attacked.

Ready for some wattage??? The first 30sec I was at 440w. Top speed hit 26 mph. About 1 minute later, I settled in to my TT pace and power output. About 5 minutes at 290w. 2 minutes after my attack, I looked back and, surprisingly, he was about half of block away. Since it was very windy, I knew he won't be able to get onto my wheel and he would blow up. I stayed on my TT pace for another 2 minutes or so. Looked back, he was 2 blocks down away. By this time, I was about to turn to Chamber street and up the Brooklyn bridge. I hope he wasn't too tired to work tomorrow.