Old 06-01-06, 04:36 PM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GGDub
Its funny that this came up because I was thinking about this today and the fact that the more dangerous part of my commute is actually on the MUP rather than in downtown traffic. In downtown traffic, cars are stuck and are rarely able to make severe sudden movements. Getting doored is my number 1 danger really, but I mitigate this by staying the hell away from parked cars and diligently watching what people are doing while I'm filtering forward.

On the MUP its a different story, bikes are really nimble and take up less space, so I'm constantly observing near misses as people almost misjudge space/time needed to pass peds or other cyclists before an oncoming cyclist gets too close. So far I haven't seen a big wreck yet but its just a matter of time...
+ eleventy-billion

I hate the MUP - I've ranted about this before. It's just ridiculous the number of times I've been cut off, drifted into, swerved in front of. My secret is to do twice the posted limit and yell alot.