Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A story you won't "tire" of...

Last week, my LBS (the good folks at Adams Avenue Bicycles) recommended I put some new tires on my Cypress SX. I had two mismatched tires, and one was a 23mm tire that made me a bit nervous when I found myself on dirt, gravel, or whatever.

Anyway, the guy recommended some brand but it wasn't in stock, so he suggested I give 'em a call in a week or so. I immediately forgot the name of the tire, the moment I left the store. I called today. When I called, they asked me, what tire were we ordering for you?

"Let's see," I said, stalling for time. "I know it wasn't an armadillo -- but I do think it had an animal name. Um, oh yeah! Donkey! or Mule -- something like that! Not A$$ tire, but something related..."

Long silence on the phone, followed by some guffawing...

"Oh -- you mean Specialized Boroughs! Boroughs as in New York City!"

"Yeah," I responded, not sure what was so funny. "Burros! That's it! I knew it was something related to the donkey!"

Well, why not? Burros could have been the name, just like armadillos! Tough, stubborn tires. With a little kick to 'em.

Anyway...

Went over, bringing with me a six pack of Red Trolley Lager, and they installed the tires. 700x32. Now I can leave the pavement without worry.

And now I ride a Giant bike, with a Specialized saddle and Specialized tires. And a Trek saddlebag and Trek helmet.

Boroughs, burros, whatever...

Proud member of the original Club Tombay