Old 06-27-03, 12:11 PM
EdilCS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
T H A N K S, T H A N K S, T H A N K S ! ! ! !

Rich, I follow your suggestion and contacted the Puerto Rico Cycling Federation. Their purpose is all sport related but they gave me the numbers of two recreational cycling clubs and BINGO!!!. The information that I get from the clubs was very good, for example they let people to ride and try their bikes!!! . The people that I talk with didn't know of anybody that use CX bikes but they gave me the name of the dealer that sells Kona bikes here in Puerto Rico!. The problem is that I'm gonna have to drive for 3 hours to get there. I contacted the dealer by phone and the owner sounds very friendly. Anyway he politely told me the same thing, that he doesn't have cyclocross units on stock that that's have to be a special order and that he strongly suggest to get one of his mountain bikes with hybrid tires. I have more specific questions about CX bikes but I think that is proper to post them in the CX forum. Go over there please!

Michael and tbobby, thanks also for the sites with the information about bike fit. I'm checking all of them. I also call Cannondale directly and they told that the 2004 models are expected to be released at the end of July so I'm going to wait and research more in the meantime.

Options for CX bikes are now; Kona, Cannondale, Trek and Bianchi and for mountain; all of those plus Specialized and Gary Fisher.