greenbreezer
Go hula

Bikes: McMahon Ti hardtail, Breezer Storm commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kb0tnv
I ordered the 26 x 1" Tom Slicks Pro from my LBS and plan on seeing how well they do. I will report back. My Mavic rims actually say the will go down to 1". I have had armadillos before and they did pretty good but weren't as thin as these will be. They were like 1.5". I have some serfa tires but they feel much larger than 1.5" and I bought them for winter riding. Been getting warm and I have been itching to get something that will get me moving faster! I plan on holding onto the Serfa tires for winter riding since they have some tread and feel pretty stable.

Will report back once I get some miles on the Tom Slicks I hope will be in sometime this week!

Keep Cycling!
I commute about 4000 miles a year and have used the Tom Slicks for years on my Mavic wheels. I change the back twice a year and the front once a year. I run tuffy liners on both but not sure if they really help.... probably more a peace of mind trick cuz I do get flats eventually. I use flats as my gauge to get a new tire. When I flat two or more times in a week, then I get a new tire. Very scientific