Old 06-05-06, 12:59 PM
sgbdeals

Bikes: '06 Fuji Newest 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Three weeks into my commute... Observations

Ok... This is my third week now of commuting (14 miles one way). I do have to say it feels great! I have only been able to make it 2 times each week due to the need from healing time and other responsibilities that required a vehicle (unfortunately).

A few things I've noticed:

1. Today, I had to drop my car off at the dealership for service which is only 4 miles from my office. It seemed a LOT harder for me to ride this 4 mile ride than my normal 14 mile!?!? Why is that???

2. My legs don't feel like they have ever completely recovered!?! Do I need to wait until I feel NO more pain / soreness to ride again?

3. I try using the stairs as much as possible at work (only 4 floors); however, I haven't noticed any good cardio "gains" from riding my bike. I'm still pretty winded after running up the stairs.

4. I still haven't purchased a frame pump and a patch kit... I guess time is just ticking for a disaster to happen and me walking 10 miles home!

5. (and finally) I have reduced my time from 1 hr 30 minutes to about 57 minutes so far on the 14 mile commute! I'm happy with that improvement!

Thanks all for the great posts / encouragement!