Old 06-06-06, 09:27 AM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by Ziemas
^^^ The above lights are all well out of the price range of the average biker. They are from 500 to over 1000 dollars apeice.

I'm quite happy with the Cateye Triple Shot. It has a nice bright light that is of a tempture that doesn't get washed out easily by street lights. I've found that with the white light of LED's I can see much better than with the yellowish light of halogen. I suspect this is because of the high pressure sodium street lights here which give a yellowish light, thus blending with the halogen. The white LED light gives a very nice contrast.

Battery life with the Triple Shot is decent too.

It can be found for 229 euro at the following link.
http://www.bike-components.de/catalo...da481ee0948c8e

All true. One can spend $1400 if you want to. I also have no problem with the Triple shot light.

However, for the price of a triple shot you can get an HID light that is much brighter and has an hour longer run time. You just get more for your money. That's where the market place is today, HID is a better value. Part of the reason (only part, not all) is HID bulbs are more efficient than LED bulbs, I don't know how that can change.

When I bought my Lupine there were no other bright lights that would go for 7-8 hours, that was a couple of years ago. Now there is a 12 hour Nightrider HID on the market. The most efficient bulb is still the most efficient bulb.