Old 06-07-06, 02:20 PM
edzo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gazoo
Hi all,

Only 38 but I was just diagnosed with a mild ischemia--blocked artery-- going on many drugs and no angiogram for now.

Mild inferior ischemia diagnosed with a nuclear perfusion (thallium stress test)

No definite symptoms, strong family history, high cholesterol, blood pressure is normal- high.

I'm basically fit, but about 40 lbs overweight... do exercise a lot but still eat too much!! Just lost 7 lbs and trying hard though.

Anyone else here in my situation?

How about max heart rate?

My cardio is overly cautious and anal and feels that going over 120 BPM is a risk.

I've seen many other med journals/papers that reccomend different rates etc.

Any ideas thoughts suggestions?
if you have a diagnosed ischemia then you must not raise heart rate much at all.
you must get a complete workup and -second opinion- from another doctor as well.
get coppies of all the tests and pictures of your heart. keep them with you and
research everything yourself and compare to what the doctor says. it will help you.

lose your extra weight NOW. no screwing around, no half-assed efforts.
you do this by doing 1 hour workouts every day where you build a sweat but not much more.
heart rate maybe 135 to 140 max. that will be enough.
count your calories. your life is gonna have to change immediately.
you should be scared ****less and able to start immediately with no excuses. this is serious business.

these things are a result of disease of the heart, and they do cause early death !

you must lower your ldl cholesterol and raise your hdl somehow, preferably with diet.
drugs suck. but they do work
tofu pups and veggie burgers do pretty good.

you must take an aspirin in the am and pm.

you must get on a low dose of ACE inhibitor.

keep riding, but long slow distance. no sprinting until you get this cleared by an expert.

if you are worried about this situation (and you should be) ask the doctor for mild stress
pill so you can think about it and act upon it without raising blood pressure with worry.

I am lucky my BP is usually 95-100 over 60-65, and cholesterol is normal. My BP goes
to 130-85 if I think to hard about my diabetes. if I take some stress pills, it goes right
back down to 100-65...which is a good thing.

take care of your ticker.

Last edited by edzo; 06-07-06 at 02:31 PM.