Old 06-07-06, 07:44 PM
mechBgon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
One of my co-workers was standing in the hallway gawking at my LD-1000-plus-NiteRider blinkie combination as I was getting ready to leave work last week. He said "I never cease to be amazed at those lights!" and I said "wait 'til you see my new one, it makes these ones look like TinkerToys "

Well, today I got to show him the Nova from about 40 feet down the hallway. *evil laughter* There were some exclamatory words used that I will not try to reproduce here Even after I put the tail of the bike down for a while so he wasn't in the hot spot, he was still seeing spots.

I think daylight visible tailights can be a life saver in traffic.
Me too, I don't want to be drafting sydney in The Great Bike Lane In The Sky anytime soon (he'd undoubtedly drop me!). To put it into perspective, a car moving at 60mph/100kph on this highway covers 100 meters in about 3.5 seconds, so look again at the three photos from the bottom one up. 10 seconds, 6 seconds, 3 seconds, passing me. I want the text-messaging kid in the sports car to pick me up on the radar nice and early. And there are plenty of other distractions in the world, ranging from the ubiquitous cell phone, to kids fighting/throwing up/whining, to the CD that the driver is trying to fish out of the footwell, to that road construction that you see in the photos, other drivers, hawks flying in the updraft on the bluff, who knows what. I'm not paranoid, but I'll take proactive measures like extra visibility if I can.

Last edited by mechBgon; 06-07-06 at 08:06 PM.