Old 06-10-06, 09:10 PM
tacks

Bikes: KHS, Kiyo Miyazawa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crushkilldstroy
and then there's the people on this forum that like to reach down for a bottle of water, rather than flipping their bag around, opening it up, and awkwardly digging around to find their frosty beverage. not to mention that a bottle in a bag gets hotter faster than a bottle in a cage.

me thinks that some of you guys worry too much about aesthetic.
i will openly admit that I think a bike without water bottle cages looks cleaner, but thats not my primary reason for going without them.

my last bike had a water bottle cage and anytime I left anything in it, it would get stolen. empty vitamin/spring water bottles stolen every day which would grumpify me because then I'd have to go out and spend another dollar on another disposable bottle that someone would steal just to see how far they could throw it every time I went into a place for a moment.

got to the point where I'd end up taking the bottle out and putting it in my bag with me to prevent theft. then, of course, I'd forget to put it back in the cage and if I needed a drink I'd still have to do exactly what I do now.

except now my bike looks better too.

p.s. warm water hydrates you better anyway.