View Single Post
Old 06-12-06, 10:36 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
"The road on which I encountered the dump truck is a designated bike route. The way is marked with those little green signs with a symbol of a bike and an arrow showing the direction to go in order to follow the route, and there are numerous signs showing a bike rider and a car with the caption “Share the Road.”

Wow! That really annoys me. I can't tell you the number of places I see these signs and think, "What are they crazy? This is one of the most unsafe routes in the area." I strongly suspect that the people who determine where these signs go, don't ride these routes.

Given you're in PA, I wonder if that portion of the road is "sponsored" by anyone. As you know, Carusoswi, these sections of road are to be kept clean by the organization/group.etc. that sponsors them. If it is sponsored, it may be worth a friendly call to the sponsor to let them know of the danger created by the debris.