Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by spokenword
wait ... what?! is this rumor or confirmed possibility? there's no mention of it on the website and no word or discussion on the American randoneering list. I know that BMB goes on hiatus during PBP years, and there won't be one next year; but not one ever?

I can't do BMB this year due to work commitments, but I'm on schedule with completing my first brevet series this year and would be totally bummed if I never get a chance to do the ride.
This is a confirmed possibility. Jennifer is resigning and will no longer be organizing the BMB. I've heard that they are looking for someone to fill her shoes, but so far there have been no announcements that someone has been chosen. If they don't get anyone to replace her, there will be no more BMBs.

BMB was NOT on my list of rides to do this year. I don't know that I'm ready for it, but when I heard it could be the last one, it made the cut, and some others were dropped.

Now, one thing they might do is what the BC Randonneurs have done with their RM1200 ... they may decide to hold the BMB every 4 years rather than every year except the PBP year. That way it wouldn't be such a major commitment for an organizer. I haven't heard whether or not they are thinking of going that route, I'm just speculating on that, but other randonnees have gone that way, so it's a possibility.