number18
crown heights sucka

Bikes: pake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rknj
So without the search functioning, and having browsed back through 80 pages on the SS forums (word is you're the place to go for bags), was hoping to get opinions from anyone who's used a Courierware bag. I mostly just need it for weatherproof commuting (20-25 miles each way depending on the route), so I don't need an industrial size bag that I can fit a minifridge in (yet). Just something to stick tools/tubes/pump, work clothes, lunch, and a lock in without having to worry about whether or not it's going to be pouring rain halfway there. I'd also like a bag that's more ambidextrous; caddying for 9 years left me with a grudge against bags designed for a specific shoulder.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger and buy the Deluxe Courier Bag (Small). Thoughts?
I've had a small courierware bag for years and it has remained waterproof and served me incredibly well. unlike some of the more recent entries in courier bag stuff (which I have found tend to be shoulder-specific) it doesn't have a heavy nylon lining--they only waterproof the outer cordura. i have found this works fine, but worth keeping in mind. I haven't kept up with them, but I remember they also have a lifetime warranty, so if anything breaks/tears/rips/fails, they'll fix it. all in all, nice place.

the bag itself is not as comfortable or stable as other bags I own (R.E.load and Chrome), perhaps because the strap is not angled in the same way, or maybe just because for a guy my size, my bag is ridiculously small. that's my only complaint, though, and it may only be a personal matter.