View Single Post
Old 06-17-06, 05:50 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
Pretty interesting about the complaint number. While I guess it's good that the complaint eventually came through, if it's delayed even a week what are the odds that the driver will have any recollection of what the incident was?
We used to use those on our company trucks. I had mine called in on. But, the person that called did not have the liscense number of the truck (mine is an unmarked supervisor's truck) and the description was "it was a white pickup" LOL how many of those are on the road. Our company takes it very seriously. But I was able to prove that at the time of the call my truck was in a long term parking lot 2 states away. Apparently the person that called misread the number on the sticker of the truck. Typically our turn around time on complaints from the stickers was less than a week. We also have signed trucks and get calls on those, that will generate an immediate response from management. As far as the big rig professional drivers, it seems to me that most of the companies strive to hire professional drivers and it shows. The ones blowing by me at 80+ on the interstates are the independant cowboys, these are the same ones that could apparently care less how close they come to running over a cyclist on a two lane road. I have had to hit the ditch on more than one occasion to keep from getting hit head on when riding or driving on a two lane road because they were going to pass regardless of conditons.

Aaron