Old 06-18-06, 07:06 PM
mirona
I can't find my pants

Bikes: 07 Specialized Langster Comp,06 Kona King Zing, 06 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc; 03 LOOK KG461;(destroyed by suv); 85 Panasonic Team America; 73 Peugeot U0-8; 94 Balance Super B BMX; 04 Diamondback Outlook MTB, Diamondback DBR DH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chone
KHS and Iron Horse are not no name brands, at least KHS is not, they have a whole X.0 equipped team where I live and their bikes are pretty common (and they are of high quality).

Whatever, I suggest you look at Specialized's Rockhopper (Base Model), its 520$ and its a very nice bike in comparision to other bikes in the same price range.

However, test ride all the bikes you can, find 2 or 3 you REALLY like and then come back here, components at the 500$ range won't vary much and then its the frame and handling of the bike that really matters.
I second the rockhopper. I actually have the Rockhopper Pro and really love it. I ride Batchelor Street every once in a while and fly through all the singletrack there. A hardtail is plenty good for most of the stuff in this area. If you want to check out some Specialized or Kona, come on down to Gravity Warehouse in Southwick and we can show you a few.

When you say Agawam, are you talking about Robinson State Park? I ride there all the time because it's riding distance from my house (and the shop for after-work rides). Tons of well-groomed trails and some hidden gems that very few people know about.

Some more excellent riding in the area can be found in Holyoke over East Mountain.