View Single Post
Old 06-19-06, 04:10 AM
tvme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doug,

I was going to start a thread like this.

I've been riding on the tops of the bars since I started riding again after about a 25 year break (and yes, I've been using the extra "suicide" brake levers- heck they worked in the '70's). I've only gotten down in the drops a few times and not for very long.

Yesterday I rode in the drop position for about 30 minutes out of my 90 minute ride (do you guys really use odometers??). My thread was to be a "keep trying the drops" thing. It really helps vary your riding position. But it did cause a bit of stiffness - nothing terrible.

If I had a "comfort bike" I don't think I'd buy a new bike with drop bars because in my area used 70's and 80's ish "10 speeds" with drops are very common. I might still convert a used bike to upright style bars, but I'm not in a hurry.

Hey, traffic is still scary in the drops though! But at least you're more visible than on a recumbent ! I was just wondering... does the box they come in have 6 handles so it can double as a coffin???? Just teasing guys... more or less .

Bob