Old 07-08-03, 12:11 PM
Psykik
LBAPD Bike Patrol

Bikes: '03 Specialized Sequoia Expert/Specialized Crossroad/Schwinn 3sp. Stingray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clueless pedestrians deciding to have a pow-wow with their friends right in the middle of the well-labeled bike lane on the boardwalk! Remind them nicely to be careful of where they stand, lest they get hurt by a cyclist, and they sometimes offer you FREE advice in return...but it isn't always so nice!

But seriously, as an Auxiliary Police officer who enjoys bike patrol on the boardwalk, the contact I get with the visitors and residents is always quite positive. One patrol on the boardwalk can give me more positive contact and feedback than a winter's worth of patrols in a police car. Their support is FREE but well appreciated.

Funny, on a patrol on Independence Day I spotted an older man ahead of us that dropped his bike rather quickly. I thought he lost his balance. He quickly went for something in his pocket and I figured that his cell phone rang. Much to my surprise and delight, his response was to grab a camera out of his pocket to take a snapshot of my partner and myself on our police bikes. Later on, we passed him again and he grabbed another shot.

Rob

IPMBA certified Police Bicycle Patrol Officer
Long Beach Auxiliary Police Department
http://www.lbapd.com

Last edited by Psykik; 07-08-03 at 12:18 PM.