View Single Post
Old 06-20-06, 10:37 PM
zorak8me

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DoshKel
Do you think 4 miles is too much? I did feel a lot of pain around 3 miles, but I set myself on 4 before hand because I thought it would be a low mileage to start on. I also asked here because a) I spend all my time here, and b) since I ride fixed gear specifically, I thought it would be the best place. I'll ask over there though.

Thanks .
I don't think a specific mileage really matters, really, just run to the point where you feel comfortable running. If you're hitting pain that usually means something bad is going on...most running programs start at 20 minutes of running, then add from there.

I don't recall the exact #, but you are supposed to add something like no more than 10% of the previous week's distance when running, and every few weeks take it easy to let your body recover. You'll pile on the mileage quickly, you just have to give your joints a chance to catch up to your muscles.

Good point, asking here. There is at least one or two guys interested in multisport stuff hanging around (Calusa?), so you should get good input.