crtreedude 
Third World Layabout

Bikes: Cannondale F900 and Tandem

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
Commuting, Costa Rica Style

Started the new commute from the house to the office. It is 6 kilometers which would be a breeze except for the fact that the road is rock with a little gravel so pretty rough (thankfull small rock) and the rise is pretty steep.

Yesterday was my first day - It took about 17 minutes to the office, and about 32 to return (quess which direction is up hill!)

Going up hill, I had to dismount about halfway up on a couple of hills - but I suspect after a couple of months - I won't.

Weight is dropping like a stone because we are so active, so that will help. This morning, a lot of rain - felt like being in a shower!

I haven't ran over a chicken yet - but I suspect it is only a matter of time. Traffic is almost none existant - which is great.

The locals are amazed I can ride down the hill - most people kill themselves doing it - but with a good hardtail and clipless pedals - it really isn't that hard - but I am nearly sitting on the tire at times.

All in all, I am very happy with the commute. The temperature is perfect when I am going back and forth too - I leave around 7:30 am, and return around 4:30 pm - both times are pretty nice. A little warm, but not that bad.