View Single Post
Old 06-21-06, 07:15 PM
BillyBob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Forgive my road rage...

This morning, I had a guy on a motorcycle tell me to get off the road. I love it when motorcyclists talk down to me because they have the same problems with cars that we do.

Then on the way home, I had a guy in a beat up pickup truck pull up beside me in a right turn lane and tell me to get off the road. I snapped...I told him, FU. He slowed down to wait for me. I came up beside him and told him that I have every right to the road, a-hole. He looked surprised! he said, you are the a-hole. So I told him F-U again, and he made a right hand turn.

I instantly realized that I had handled the whole thing incorrectly. I will strive to not respond; I don't know why I snapped. I haven't done that for years. I told my wife that the next time I will say, "I will sir as soon as I get enough money to buy a car, God Bless you."

But, I just don't understand what it is about being in a car that makes people so rude. Could you imagine someone walking up to you in a store and telling you off for no reason? Since, I have started commuting, I can understand why some cyclists are so millitant.

Last edited by BillyBob; 06-21-06 at 08:01 PM.