Old 06-21-06, 08:40 PM
markf

Bikes: '93 Bridgestone MB-3, '88 Marinoni road bike, '00 Marinoni Piuma, '01 Riv A/R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here in the US, Kucharik and Ibex make very nice all wool jerseys. The Ibex ones are a little thin for my taste, but the nice long zipper is nice for ventilating on long climbs. The Kucharik jerseys are a little tighter weave for better wind protection, and seem to be a little thicker than the Ibex, so a little warmer. I've cycled comfortably in the short sleeve Kucharik in temperatures approaching 85 deg Fahrenheit (29-30 deg C) in dry conditions. The same jersey kept me somewhat warmer than my synthetic-clad companions when the sun dropped behind the mountains, which was nice (I live at fairly high altitude, so temperatures drop fast when the sun goes away).

The long sleeve Kucharik is very nice for cold weather biking, it zips way up around your throat like a turtleneck, and the thickness and tight weave are a definite plus. I get them from Rivendell Bicycle Works, http://www.rivbike.com.

If you're posting from Australia like you seem to be, there might be a few sources down under that would be cheaper than shipping from the US.