Old 07-08-03, 10:23 PM
AdrianB
Up there!

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia x 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd definitely agree with the others and talk about ensuring the wheels correctly tensioned.

However at this point I start getting a little disillusioned and wonder if the LBS knows what they are selling and how to repair/maintain them. I'm torn a bit with my LBS seeming to know even less than I do which is sweet fairy all

The LBS replaced a tyre with an inferior quality one after their fauly alignment of the brakes at installation cut the tyre causing a major blowout (dangerous!). Also replacing the tube with a dodgy quality, hard to inflate tube. A brake cable run which slipped through an inadequately tensioned nut causing rear brakes to fail (dangerousx2). Installation of the speedometer wires which were strapped against the shifting cables on the tube causing shifting to be problematic (blinking obvious). They also sold 2000 model year speedometer at full retail as at the time of purchase I was unaware.

As a customer who would prefer to pay their asking price and avoid excesive haggling in return for their knowledge, time and service I get upset when they let me down. Right now I'm wondering if its the best place to take back my warranty and servicing issues to. I guess I really need to discuss the matter with the shop owner who is broadly speaking aware of the issues but underplays them.

I'm sure the profits with a bike store must make it hard to run a good business which can afford and keep good staff, but if they don't get the basics right they'll lost a lot of customers. I'm at a point where I don't know if I should bother returning with my problems and just find somewhere else to service it.

/rant mode off

However... getting back to your wheel... Talk to the LBS owner, discuss your concern that the shop is not servicing your bike correctly as it appears the wheels have not been tensionined correctly and ask to be reassured they know what they are doing and will not be risking your safety by incorrect servicing and inattentiveness!!