View Single Post
Old 06-22-06, 10:38 AM
JEgan712

Bikes: Trek 7200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dont get me wrong. I have no grudge against logging truck drivers. I think driving those big rigs is kind of cool. However, this incident makes me wonder if maybe I was wrong in even being out there. The road that this happened on was just about three miles of my actual ride. Once I got through it, there was a fairly major highway with big shoulders and the trucks were no problem there. Problem being, that I had to traverse the "no shoulder" road to get to the one with shoulders.

Bailing out into the ditch was kind of a problem in that it would have meant a crash about five to ten feet down into the woods. Of course compared to kissing the front bumper of that truck........

I have never had that scared feeling while riding in the greater Seattle area and I have seen a lot. Cars cutting me off, kids trying to startle me, etc. but I have never had that feeling the I was inches from death as I did on that logging road. I dont really know what else I could have done besides not riding that road at all.