cavernmech
Jonnys ilegitimate Father

Bikes: too many too list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkmother
I need to get some other photo ID. They always ask me if I have a drivers license, and I have learned the hard way not to lie to the boys in blue.
The last time I had this problem was during Bike Week last year (I love how they have their little "crackdowns" when people who normally don't ride get pulled over and whacked with a stupid ticket) I got stopped for the stop sign run. The officer asked me for I.D. I gave her my UCI racing license. In pulling said I.D. from my wallet she spied my Driver's license. She asked for the D.L. for I.D. I refused and replied that I did not really want to spend several hours of my time straightening out the demerit fiasco that was sure to follow. She assured me up and down that this would shurely not happen....yeah right. Sure enough a few weeks later I got my obligatory demerit deduction notice in the mail. ASSCLOWNS!!. I think that withholding a drivers license in lieu of other forms of I.D. is not lying to the cops but rather just trying to avoid an un-necessary hassle. Altho I guess a night in the drunk tank for failing to obey a peace officer is also a hassle.