bbonnn
No-Pants Island

Bikes: 2007 Trek Pilot 2.1 WSD & 2001 Specialized Crossroads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greenbreezer
Not sure where you work (location as well as company and what type of company) but I live in Sillycon Valley and image is everything here. People will literally drive themselves into massive debt just to own that shiny BMW...
Ergo, more coveted indoor/conspicuous/whatever parking spots for cars when bikes are accommodated.

And be sure to mention that road bikes can run into the $3000-5000 range. That might be appealing to the image-conscious cagers. Just don't mention the fact that most commuters make fun of them.

I was at the info table for the local bike coalition and they had a great handout with the top 10 reasons for bike commuting, and ways to get over excuses for not doing it. Lemme see if I can dig it up on the web ...

ETA: Here's a version of it. I guess it's not employer-oriented, but the info about hygeine (leaving clothes at work, clean sweat. etc.) might be helpful if the employer is concerned that the dress code will degrade if there are more bikers ... not that dress codes are a good thing in my book if you're not dealing directly with customers or the public, but some employers care. http://www.dot.state.co.us/BikePed/O...ingExcuses.htm

Last edited by bbonnn; 06-23-06 at 12:05 PM.