View Single Post
Old 07-11-03, 03:37 PM
TheRCF
Da Big Kahuna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
> a lot of variables have changed apart from the issue of the shorts, since you are still getting used to a new bike, it appears? <

Oh no, I got the bike last December and have over 3700 miles on it now.

> Perhaps one of these changes may be affecting your riding comfort to the point that your backside is noticing the difference? <

I have over 1000 miles with an the armadillo on the rear and nearly 500 on the front. Basically none of this has bothered me. Just the recent long, slow ride with bike shorts over swim trunks seemed to cause some soreness in the legs and the ride yesterday without bike shorts probably led to some butt soreness, though it isn't bad and doesn't really seem to be exactly where I sit. Go figure.

But on the matter of bike shorts, I really don't know what they SHOULD feel like. People say they should be tight to hold things in place, but how tight is tight? So many things I guess you only learn from years of experience (or lots of money). Even though I've ridden a total of over 6700 miles since taking up cycling, I only had two bikes - totally different in concept, three pair of bike shorts - none of which I've been thrilled with, and two seats on the road bike.

That doesn't even consider variables involving various adjustments!

It is kinda frustrating to not know for sure if I'm getting the right stuff for me.

Bob