View Single Post
Old 07-01-06, 01:04 AM
Retem
Paste Taster

Bikes: , Jury Bike, Moto Outcast 29, Spicer standard track frame and spicer custom steel sprint frame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hammond9705
I have a similar issue. I have trouble riding with my hands on the brake hoods for long. I would still get the road bike though, because it is such an improvement over the hybrid, even if you ride more upright with your hands on the corners of the bars. I never ride my hybrid any more, unless it is around the neighborhood with my daughter.

Bob
this is one of those things about road biking the bike molds you to it kinda funny but true I am a 235# 6'4" ogre and I ride both an old roady that was my fathers and I also ride fixed gear track bikes everywhere I wanna go I am currently working on a ss cyclocross bike and ya know I got a townie for grcery runs and a schwinn I inherited from my grandad

I would say flip the stem over so you have a rise or even get a roady with a long quill stem and then strt off high and work your way down that is how I didi it when I moved from bmx to road years ago is just slowly get my body used to the position