Old 07-14-03, 02:18 PM
Bik'n' Rev.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Introductions

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine pointed out this forum to me as I was looking for some info on a frame and as I poked around, I found a great place to get some answers to other questions that I've had.

I'm from Kohler, Wisconsin which is near Sheboygan, or about halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay on Lake Michigan. I've been using cycling as a means of cross training with my running program until an injury made it so I have to be a little kinder to my knees. So, running is now a cross-training activity for biking.

I'm 31 and the exact wrong build for a biker. I'm 6' 1" and about 250# (BEEFY!) so I am definitely a Clydesdale candidate. (BTW, if anyone can hook me up with some info about Clydesdales, I'd appreciate it.) Still, I can move on my old Trek 1220 when I want. I'm looking to upgrade my bike next spring and suggestions for what frames are good for a big guy are always welcomed.

Next week I'll be doing RAGBRAI, which is a week-long ride across the state of Iowa. Having grown up in Iowa, I am really looking forward to this. As a boy, the tour came through my town two or three times and I used to just sit and watch all the bikes go through. This is the first time that I have done it myself; I never took biking that seriously. I can hardly wait to make the journey. This is really the first of any cycling goals that I have; I'll be pondering what to do next this winter.

While road biking is my passion, I have some friends who have coaxed me off-road; this part of Wisconsin has some decent MTB trails. Pointers, tips, hints, and general help on this area are always welcomed. I doubt I'll sink any serious time or money into MTBs but I do appreciate the change of pace it provides.

When I'm not biking, I am a youth pastor at Lutheran church. I work with young people from grades 6-12 and love every minute of it. It's exciting to watch these young people grow up and mature. The other cool thing is that bikes are their main mode of transportation so I can usually find someone to go riding with.

Ok, this is probably more than you ever needed to know, but I was asked to introduce myself. So here I am. Enjoy!