CheeseLouise
Ain't Easy Being Cheesy

Bikes: 2006 Specialized Ruby Comp :)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I Did It!!!

Some of you may be aware that I was looking into having gastric bypass surgery. I am overweight, but my purpose for the surgery was more to get the diabetes under control. The diabetes was really starting to get crazy and my blood sugars would go up (WAY UP) when I exercised and I physically would just freak out and have no energy. My doc suggested that Gastric Bypass might be just the fix for me.

I had RNY Gastric Bypass on Friday, June 30th. Yeah... 4 days ago. This is a major surgery with many risks involved and NOT to be entered into lightly....BUT I NOW FEEL GREAT!!!

Yesterday I went for a ride, yup on my bike! Not a long ride but a ride none-the-less. 2.5 miles and it felt great!!!! Today I and the Hubby Steve are going for six miles I will ride the 2.5 mile loop we did
yesterday and then up to our club ride meeting spot to say high to the gang. Steve will ride the 30 mile club ride at his gruelling 20 mph pace with all the other hammer heads while I return home on my bike to wait for his return. Should be about a six mile ride for me and 36 for Steve.

My plan is to increase my mileage daily unitl I am back up to speed and distance. My goal is to be diabetes free and 100 pounds lighter by next spring. WOOOOOHOOOO, we are on our way

Oh, the diabetes, since my release from the hospital on Sunday my bllod sugars have been "normal" without ANY medication! What a miracle!

I case anyone is interested I am bloging my progress with cycling and Gastric Bypass Surgery. Here is the link. http://bikenaked.net/blogs/lindas_blog/default.aspx Stop by and take a look, I have some pics from the Hospital/surgery posted also.

If you have questions or comments please feel free to ask or say.

Hugs!

Linda

2006 Specialized Ruby Comp
www.bikenaked.net