Thread: Asheville Pics
View Single Post
Old 07-06-06, 06:28 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by Terex
Good pics - include bike in next ones! I go down to WNC near Bryson City to ride my mtn bike every other year or so. Last time I said I'm taking my road bike too. I was in NE OH this weekend and got in one measly ride. Roads are not good there for 120 psi tires. Should have had one of the old balloon tire bikes my wife and I used in High School.

I suspect you were riding in Tsali in Bryon City.......some of the best trail riding around.

Cheeseflavor......strawberry pie is a seasonal delight. You can serve it warm or cold and it's sensational.

NOS-I've ridden in a lot of areas and the Blue Ridge Mountains in Western NC are hard to beat. Great climbing, terrific views, roads not too busy and the weather usually pretty agreeable. Land prices are continuing to climb as people are continuing to buy summer property there.

Will-I'm sure there are other areas that are very nice, like Raket's country in upper NY and northern California, Oregon and Washington but I'd agree that the mountains of NC are terrific for riding. Heck, Lance even mentions how much he enjoyed riding around Boone in his books......

Last edited by jppe; 07-06-06 at 07:36 PM.