cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by kc9eog
I am looking to redirect my life, totally change my diet around and get into serious shape. I have a new trek 1000 and also a trek 7300 hybrid for around town. I am 6ft 1.5 in tall and about 195 lbs, and want to get into good bicylist shape; I want to go out on a weekend and go 120 miles in a day, visit towns far from here by bike, and stop eating fast food and drinking soda. What are some good resources to look at in book form, and does anyone have advice on this forum? I want to eat what the bikers eat and ride like they ride, and hopefully next summer I could enter a race or something, maybe not to compete but just for the fun of it.
admirable goals -
"and stop eating fast food and drinking soda" , whether you or anyone finds cycling to become a focus, eliminating the crap that is often labeled <food> is a huge step to being your best at anything and being that way through life. who we are in later life is fully the product of the decades of attention or neglect (a choice) in our younger years.
water - find a way to have water taste excellent to you and you'll take big steps to a healthier way of eating.
find a way to luv fruits and veggies
an apple a day keeps the doctor away - WORD

recent interesting reading - The Paleo Diet for Athletes, Loren Cordain & Joe Friel
eating like a caveman has a bit of a sensational,hollyweird spin to it; but the actual dietetic/nutritional composition seems to have a lot going for it. Some basic concepts for a more balanced performance oriented diet are more sensible than what's been hawked up to now.

whatever you end up doing, this is worth hanging on your wall - "but just for the fun of it" as in "just for the joy of it".

thanks for the stoke