Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by bmike
Worked for me on the 400k. I was doing Gu, HEED, and Perpetuem. After lunch I really wanted Combos, Pepsi, and Twizzlers. I thought I'd vomit - but it went down smooth and got me home....
It's amazing what you can eat .... provided you crave it! Pregnant women apparently go through a very similar sort of thing. They have all sorts of odd cravings, and can stomach the things they crave just fine even though the choices might be very strange ... but other times the most "normal" food can cause digestive upsets.

I firmly believe that the body knows what it needs, especially under situations where it is under greater stress, and that we need to listen to what it is telling us.

This is one reason why I rarely carry very many energy bars with me anymore, and why when I do, I don't carry two the same. Once I eat one, I rarely want another one like it ... and if I have a craving for something out in the middle of nowhere, it's possible maybe one of the variety of my energy bars might come close to meeting that craving.

I've also noticed that I rarely crave anything sweet ... I think the reason for that is because I'm getting ample sweet stuff in my energy drink and any energy bars I happen to eat. I mentioned my three most common cravings: chicken, potato chips, and oranges. Fruit is probably the sweetest thing I crave and I'll usually crave oranges, orange juice, bananas, canned fruit, and applesauce. On the Great Southern Randonnee, I was craving oranges so badly (but couldn't find any) that I started developing cravings for any foods that even looked a bit orange. When I finished that ride, the very first thing I ate was a massive orange!!