View Single Post
Old 07-08-06, 08:10 AM
stargazer48

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
I got a finger problem

About 3 weeks ago, I have began noticing that when I wake up in the morning that when I move the ring finger (I don't wear a ring) up and down, the joint, connecting the finger to the hand no longer moves smoothly but kinda snaps in and out. There is no pain involved (yet) and it seems to go away (so far) by midday. Also when I ride, my left hand seems to go a bit numb after about 10 to 20 miles so I occasionally raise my arm and wiggle my hand to life. That seems to work.
I don't have any arthritis that I am aware of.
Anyone have a clue?

Just a little background. I'm 58 and I ride about 5k+ annually. In the past, I only used drop down bars which created some tolerable wrist discomfort for me. I am going to be doing extensive world travelling shortly, so in April, I bought a Swift 18 speed touring folding bike with straight bars to take with me. I have been riding it exclusively and have already put in 1500 miles on it. It a great, fairly fast riding bike considering its 20" wheels with fat Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires. I had some fitting problems which I think I recently resolved by lengthening the stem riser.

Thanks

SG