Old 07-08-06, 11:16 AM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dgsmith15
I'm looking to purchase a good commuter bike. I'm open to both new and used. I have an idea of the kinds of things I want. I pretty much only have two requirements; I want disc brakes and a flat bar similar to a mtb bar. I'm open to any suggestions. I personally have come to like the Trek Soho and the Marin Point Reyes. I really like the look of these two bikes, but I don't want to spend that much money. What do you guys suggest?
Hmmmmmm........Unless you have way to much money why not get more realistic??

Among the many features of a "commuter" should be found......dependablity, easy of
maintaince, low theft threat, low cost, steel frame for comfort, bars & saddle to your needs.

The bikes meet all of those points for an urban commuter are older Raleigh or Schwinn
3 speeds. These bikes come complete with all that is required for commuting in an urban setting.

Basicly you (as well as others) have a choice when it comes to a commuter bike.........
fashion or hard core practicality. All other considerations are pure air head fluff.

Remember.......commuting is all about transporting yourself as cheaply as possible on a theft
resistant dependable bike. Nothing more.