View Single Post
Old 09-22-01, 02:46 PM
cabledonut
where's the summer!?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sod the powerhose mr toolfreak. get your bike on a workstand, clean your chain with a chain bath, with a decent degreaser in it. get your chain, sprockets and chainrings all spick and span wash off the degreaser(use a toothbrush to get into all the nooks and crannies). then working down from the top of the bike, clean it with soapy water and a decent rag or flannel, i always take the wheels out and clean them seperate. rinse it off with water, leave it to dry or dry it off and try to get all the water out of the allen key bolts so they don't rust up. no need to worry about this if all your bolts are titanium! make sure everything is dry and super, stick the wheels back in, dry off the chain by back pedalling it through a clean dry rag. then i use 'finish line - cross country lube' dripping a drip on each link. spin the pedals round for a min, going through the gears, then wipe off the excess lube with a rag. your bike will now look super clean and fresh and sexy new and i can assure you, you will enjoy riding your bike when it looks this way! and you will get more satisfaction doing it this way than powerhosing it. at least when your legs have died, your bike looks good

laters, cabledonut.