View Single Post
Old 07-10-06, 05:27 AM
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezealot
Several forum members asked the same question. Searching this thread, I can't see where anyone replied.
I Have attempted before with the same results. Can't post a picture because it's kb is too great.
I went to my Kodak easy share and tried to crop the pictures I wanted to post. Still the picture was too large for Bike forum standards.
Went through all ten pages. I could not find a reply as to what to do to crop a picture to be under the 100 kb forum standard. Seems this question was asked by three other subscribers. I could find no responses to the three others who made this same question.
Same problem persists; guess that is why I have not attempted to post a picture for over a year.
Anyone please answer how to crop a picture so it will be under 100 kb. thanks.

Firrst off, use the .JPG format for your pictures, they will provide a much smaller file size that a GIF or BMP file. Secondly, when you save as a JPG you image editor/management program should have a way for you to reduce the file size (compress) the picture, Less compression=more detail, more compression=less detail.

If your utility has no means to adjust compression you might want to look at IrfanView to do this for you. It's a free download, not a resource hog and works well for a multitude of basic tasks. Best of all it's independent from the OS,

When you go to save the picture there is an "Options" button in the lower right corner, clicking this will provide access to the compression management feature.

Good luck. If you're still having problems PM me and I'll do what I can to help you.