View Single Post
Old 07-10-06, 07:39 PM
Ranzak

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
New Bike, First Ride, Worst Crash ...yet

Ok I picked up my first full-suspension bike this morning. A beautiful 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
Rode straight over to local singletrack playground to give it a spin.

Loving it, flying over roots, rocks, drops that always had me and my HT nervous and/or beat up

Telling myself to slow down a little this bike is fantastic but it is not magic ... Yikes! a tree has fallen across the trail, HA! I am on SuperBike -----> WHAM (wow a massive bunny hop on this bike results in much different trajectory than on old hard tail) and my front wheel slams into the downed tree resulting in a massive face plant that breaks my helmet, chews open my chin, lips, nose and forehead, both legs and rt forearm
my throat/neck is so sore that I can barely swallow (from straps on helmet, not sure)
I am so dizzy and disoriented that I lay there in the trail for a while ... I have never had a wreck where I wasn't immediately checking my bike for damage but my head hurt so bad that the throbbing took precedence

Gingerly began pedalling back to the car and on home where ice packs, codeine, and a shower got me thinking of riding again