DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by HopedaleHills
DF,

That's a good plan. Travel time to Portmouth from Logan is approx. 1.5-2.0 hrs. Traffic load depends greatly on the time of day. You definately do not want to be on 128/95 North during the evening rush, 4:00PM-7:00PM. Bar Harbor and Arcadia are great. I think it took me about 7 hrs from Boston to get there. It's worth it. Make sure you take the boat trip out to the island to see the Puffins. I've never taken the Cat to Nova Scotia so can't comment. Although my wife and I keep saying we have to. Once you are north of Portmouth the traffic should not be a problem. There is a bike shop in Bar Harbor and I'm pretty sure they rent. I used them when we were there because a bike fell of the rack and got the front rim pretty much destoyed. You haven't lived until you see you bike bouncing down the road in your rear view. Just keep asking the questions, we will do our best to answer them..
Thanks.

Just called Hertz. They don't offer bike racks, and if you use your own, then you must pay for any scratches (of course). I have a cheapie bike rack that sort of folds up - I may have to take it with us - but I don't feel real comfortable with it.

I noticed numerous and interesting bicycling trails in Acadia NP, and located a fairly reasonable rental shop there. Perhaps that might be best.