Old 07-13-06, 09:25 PM
HiYoSilver
Rides again

Bikes: Giant OCR T, Trek SC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
What did I do wrong at BV? Aurora and Boulder have always treated me nicely and I haven't found any wrong info. I bought the wrong stuff at BV and they did a swap with no paperwork. I was impressed. Performance is good for low to medium level goods and has fair prices. Only once have I gotten out of the store in less than 60 minutes. Registers are just tooooooooo sllllloooooooowwwwwww.

I need a better bike than performance offers for next bike, and BV has both several models I'm interested in and lots of inventory. I tried a small store in Longmont and was very unimpressed.

If you look at bike manufacturers site, you'll see there has been a drop of about 1/3 LBS in the last 3 years. That is very significant. Too many bikes are sold at big sports stores who specialize in cheap disposable bikes. No wonder many think of bikes as a toy instead of a means of transportation.

I don't know what a commuting LBS is like? Heck , what do you need: spare tubes, tires, racks, bags, locks and lights. Part of the problem is the cycling commuters. How often do you hear forum members brag about how cheap they are. If they are cheap, LBS won't be able to make enough profit to stay in business. You want a good LBS, you have to pay your dues. Even if you paid 5x as much on biking stuff, it's still worlds less than motor commuting. So plan ahead and be safe this year and buy that HID light you have been lusting over.