Thread: true wheels
View Single Post
Old 07-15-06, 03:30 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle!
hey.

so i got a lame flat yesterday and i noticed my back wheel is a little, just a little bent or un-true or false or whatever you would call it.

- does it normally cost a lot to get wheels trued?
- the bend is not very dramatic at all, would it still be a bad idea to ride on it?

what?! goulet....
Not very expensive to get wheels retrued, but I cannot quote you prices. Us memebrs can give you an idea on this

If a wheel is out of true- then strain is put on the spokes. Loose spoke here will mean a tight spoke somewhere else. This can, if it is a severe out of true lead to spoke failure and wheel failure. Don't want to worry you as I have run out of true wheels for lenghthy periods of time with no ill effect.

A wheel retrue will, give the wheel extra strength. All the spokes retensioned, spokes checked for damage and replaced, and the rim cheched for damage aswell. I normally take the small wobbles out of my wheels with no problem but every year or so I take them back to my wheelbuilder and it is like having a new wheel again.

Spike Milligan