View Single Post
Old 07-15-06, 07:49 AM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by EJ123
Ok but when did you look in the mirror and be like hey i look different.
For me, it was after losing 5 or so pounds. I could tell a difference in the way my pants felt. All of my excess weight is on the gut. Over the past two years, I've stopped drinking sodas and eating fast food except for a Subway sandwich with no mayo or cheese. I've cut way down on the potato chips and I eat more vegetables and less meat. I also eat breakfast, usually oatmeal sweetened with raisins, everyday. That keeps me from being too hungry at lunch and pigging out, which made me feel like not doing any exercise that afternoon. The exercise keeps me from just lying on the sofa or playing computer games and when I eat I'm not Jonesing for greasy fried stuff like I used to live on(Popeye's chicken).

Slow, gradual diet changes instead of a radical switch has made it easier to live with. Now, the fried chicken and hamburgers don't appeal to me at all and I don't miss Coca-cola, either.

I also keep an eye out for high fructose corn syrup and avoid it. Supposedly that stuff doesn't turn on the "I'm full" sign in your brain and you just keep eating.

Meanwhile, I'm riding my bike, saying hello to the cows, and having a good time.