View Single Post
Old 07-15-06, 10:08 PM
Sebach

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I'm back in Ottawa now, but I'm only here for a few days until I continue out East. I've updated the photo space with a few shots.

I ended up doing Winnipeg > Kenora > Fort Frances > Thunder Bay > Sault Ste. Marie > Espanola > Manitowaning > Toronto > Ottawa. Sorry divine, I bypassed Sudbury... so I guess I wouldn't be much help in telling you how far it is to Montreal.

My shifters are Dura-ace bar ends installed on Paul Thumbie mounts. I love these things. Oh, and I eventually compressed my running shoes to the point where the pins on the platforms started to hurt my feet. So I got actual cycling shoes (SPD-compatible) to use with my platforms. Then like 10km down the road from the LBS, I started to wonder why I don't just run clipless since I already had the shoes, so I bought clipless pedals like 200km later. Right now I'm using Egg Beater Mallets (good for gravel shoulders) and Specialized Taho's.

My tent is the Big Agnes Seedhouse 2 SL. I love it. It's light, very good in water, spacious for one and easy as pie to setup. I can't really think of any complaint except maybe... nope, can't think of any off the top of my head. Oh, maybe the price.

Sorry chephy, I would have liked to meet someone from the board but I really only passed through Toronto (through that massive rain storm we had last week) on my way back to Ottawa. I was debating hanging around but given the hot and rainy weather, I decided to get back to Ottawa ASAP. Thanks for the comments on the pictures though!

If anyone has any picture requests (gear or terrain), just let me know and I'll fire a few snaps next chance I get on the road.

Last edited by Sebach; 07-15-06 at 10:37 PM.