hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by foehn
So what do you all mean by stress relief with the spokes on a wheel? Riding it and letting everything settle in for a while?

When my husband rode with me saturday, he had had this new wheel on his bike for about a week after having the wheel replaced under warranty(the old wheel had started to pull a spoke nipple out of the rim). As of last Saturday he had al least 100 miles on the new wheel after the tensiometer test and about 250 since he originally picked it up.

Is there anything else that we might try to quiet things up? I am about ready to ask the LBS owner to go out with my husband for a short while (of course when husband's bike is cold) so he can really hear what is going on.

Its also called press stressing. Its basically finding where each spoke overlaps another and flexxing it a bit then putting back in and tightening/tensioning it. This way the idea is it wont need to flex after the rim is trued up and ready to ride.

You dont have to do it and can just let the spokes stress releive them self after a while. But doing it this ways means you need to find each spoke that becomes loose from haveign the stress releived. If you chose to ignore it then youll start having spkes snap.