CheeseLouise
Ain't Easy Being Cheesy

Bikes: 2006 Specialized Ruby Comp :)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
Fat and protein only on a 75mile ride will not work. Just because it works for you on short (25mile) rides at a slow pace does not mean it will work for his long rides. Having your gut cut up doesn't make your body stop using glycogen as a fuel source and therefore not need carbs. If you really can’t absorb it then accept that you traded off long endurance cycling for having the surgery.

Peanut butter is not such a great food. Sure the type of fat in it is ok but it really is only fat. The protein in peanuts has a crappy amino acid profile (low in essentials) and is of little use nutritionally.

Okay...Not in this for a flame war or to address others ingnorance. FYI I ride many different rides and I don't think that 16-17 mph is a SLOW pace over a 25-30 mile ride for a 42 year old female recreational rider that currently weigs 215 lbs. Opinions are like A$$holes and everyone is entitled to theirs. So you have yours. I have not traded off endurance cycyling for surgery. In fact I am looking at participating in RAAM next year as part of a baritric team. Please do not judge unless you know what it is you are judging. Please inform yourself. Carbs are not the only source of fuel for the body.

Rolls her eyes at the lack of informed people with opinions in this world.

Conversation over!

2006 Specialized Ruby Comp
www.bikenaked.net