Old 07-18-06, 12:29 PM
timmhaan
more ape than man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 'nother
I think it's important to listen to your body rather than try to adapt some generic rules or guidelines. Everyone's different. If you are waking up every morning looking forward to your workout, showing progress, etc. etc. there's no reason not to go ahead with it.

On the other hand if you have a sense of dread about your workouts, are feeling sore and tired all the time and are not making progress in your fitness, your body might be telling you to lay off a bit. Take an extra rest day or two.

At only ~1.5 hours/day you are not really in any kind of dangerous territory for "overtraining". If anything I'd increase the time/day cycling but I don't know what your fitness goals are so that may not be applicable.
agreed. the basic principal of "do you look forward to the next workout?" is very important. it's so simple yet so many people just follow a schedule somewhat blindly.

personally, i start to get burnt out if i have too many days in a row of riding. 5 days a week of riding is all i want to do.